3. History

Our Christian fellowship has met here in the north of Birkenhead for over a hundred years!  At first a mission of Grange Baptist Church the fellowship originally meet in Cathcart Street. In 1910 the church moved to a new tin chapel at the present location to be at the heart of community moving into new housing being constructed at that time. The building suffered bomb damage in WWII and was rebuilt in brick in the 1950’s. A small part of the original tin buildings (now re-clad) can still be seen.

Today the streets around the church are changing with new housing stock being built as part of a regeneration plan for area. Our chapel is still the focus of a lively Christian fellowship and a growing community. To find out more come along  or visit other pages on our web site by clicking the numbered headings on the top right of this page.

Advertisements

%d bloggers like this: